@heardemsaymedia: Nearly 30 years after Tupac Shakur was murdered in Las Vegas, a jury is finally hearing the case against the only person ever charged in connection with his killing. And today, the trial officially entered its biggest stage yet. Opening statements began Monday, August 17. Duane “Keffe D” Davis has pleaded NOT GUILTY to murder and prosecutors are now laying out their case for why they believe he should be held responsible for Tupac’s death — even though they don’t accuse him of actually pulling the trigger. Here’s how we got here. 👇 On September 7, 1996, Tupac attended the Mike Tyson vs. Bruce Seldon fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. After the fight, Tupac, members of Death Row’s entourage and others were involved in an altercation with Orlando Anderson — Keffe D’s nephew and a member of the South Side Compton Crips. The confrontation was caught on casino surveillance footage. Prosecutors say what happened next was revenge. Hours later, Tupac was sitting in the passenger seat of a BMW driven by Death Row co-founder Suge Knight. While stopped near Flamingo Road and Koval Lane, a white Cadillac pulled alongside them. Someone inside opened fire. Tupac was struck four times. Suge was also injured but survived. Six days later, on September 13, 1996, Tupac died. He was only 25 years old. For nearly three decades, nobody was prosecuted for his murder. Then came Keffe D. Prosecutors allege Davis was the “shot caller” behind the retaliatory attack. They say he helped plan the shooting and provided the gun used that night. But there’s a VERY important detail: Prosecutors do NOT claim Keffe D shot Tupac. Instead, they’re arguing that his alleged role in organizing and facilitating the attack makes him legally responsible for the murder under Nevada law. And one of the prosecution’s biggest weapons against Keffe D may be… Keffe D himself. 👀 For years, Davis publicly discussed the events surrounding Tupac’s killing. He gave interviews. He discussed the case publicly. And he wrote about the events in his 2019 memoir, Compton Street Legend. Now prosecutors want the jury to hear those statements. During opening statements today, prosecutors made their strategy extremely clear. They told jurors that Davis was the one person connected to the case who seemed unable to stay silent — and argued that jurors will learn about his role through his own words. The defense sees it very differently. Keffe D’s attorneys argue that his old statements are unreliable and aren’t backed up by enough independent evidence. That could turn this entire trial into one huge question: Can the jury trust Keffe D’s own stories about what happened? Then there’s another person everyone is watching: Suge Knight. Suge wasn’t hearing about Tupac’s shooting afterward. He was sitting right beside him when it happened. Suge was driving the BMW when the Cadillac pulled alongside them and the shots were fired. He survived. And nearly 30 years later, he’s still one of the most important surviving witnesses connected to that night. Suge is on the witness list, but he has publicly said he doesn’t want to testify, telling ABC: “Leave me out of it.” He has also separately described Tupac’s killing as an “assassination,” adding another layer of mystery to a case hip-hop fans have debated for decades. Now all of those theories finally have to confront something different: A courtroom. A jury. And evidence presented under oath. Opening statements began today, with prosecutors describing Tupac’s killing as an “act of revenge.” The defense is challenging the government’s version of events and the reliability of the statements being used against Davis. The trial is expected to last several weeks. And almost exactly 30 years after Tupac was killed, a jury could finally decide whether someone is legally responsible for one of the most infamous murders in music history. 💬 After everything we know so far, do you think prosecutors have enough to convict Keffe D? #Tupac #2Pac #TupacShakur #KeffeD #SugeKnight
Heard Em Say
Region: US
Monday 17 August 2026 22:25:18 GMT
Music
Download
Comments
Dimplez💋🇵🇷💋 :
So why suge locked up
2026-08-19 03:17:12
3
Domonique Smith788 :
My first time hearing he died 6 days later wow
2026-08-19 07:54:44
11
nesey 💕 :
But Duffy ordered the hit y he not being held accountable
2026-08-18 00:55:17
4
𝐿𝓊𝒸𝓎𝓍𝓍 :
He planned & arranged the murder weapon. HE KNEW what was going to happen = MURDER.
2026-08-20 02:51:15
3
xragingstormx :
The one that planned his killing was diddy
2026-08-19 01:31:10
10
tttf :
Suge aint gonna talk he is scared that they will do him the same with the Biggie stuff that theyre doing to Keefe now.
2026-08-20 00:50:36
1
MrJames :
2026-08-19 22:10:05
0
🍀 𝒜𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝒶 🎀 🫶 :
Justice!!!! for 2 pac🥰😏
2026-08-18 03:54:10
0
Kevinwoods_1 :
We will never find out the truth . Even Tupac when the police asked him who shot you replied “fuck you”
2026-08-19 19:00:19
2
Respectfully Disrespectful :
Praying for justice
2026-08-18 00:16:17
0
Malice💋 :
2026-08-19 05:19:41
0
ashanleen16 :
Tupac will get justice ‼️
2026-08-19 07:55:18
1
MrJames :
2026-08-19 22:10:10
0
Luisiñho :
suge aint gone say nothin thats for sure.
2026-08-19 05:40:14
0
ashanleen16 :
2026-08-19 07:54:41
0
.Faisal60909 :
♥️
2026-08-19 03:08:52
0
xragingstormx :
He hasn't been charged yet
2026-08-19 01:28:47
0
Ronnie :
I couldn’t think of any better way to spend tax dollars than solving 2pac’s murder 30yrs later…
2026-08-18 23:11:22
0
To see more videos from user @heardemsaymedia, please go to the Tikwm
homepage.